Alakef Coffee Roasters is a local business, with caring individuals who also enjoy being active participants in both our local communities and our world!
The Alakef Gives program provides financial support to causes and organizations that have a positive impact in our local and global communities.
With input from our customers and staff, we choose four causes/charities annually to include in our Alakef Gives program. Alakef donates a portion of our profits to these four causes/charities at the end of each fiscal year.
Our 2019 causes that we’re fighting against include animal cruelty, cancer, child sex trafficking and hunger. Upon checkout, our online customers have the option to choose from one of these causes. They will have the chance to “round up” for their selected cause at checkout. 100% of round up gifts go to the pre-selected cause of our customer’s choosing.
Alakef also donates to many other Minnesota-based organizations near and dear to our hearts. A sampling of local organizations we have donated to in the past can be found below.
We are now accepting cause/charity recommendation submissions for our 2020 Alakef Gives program.
Organizations we have recently sponsored or donated to:
- Damiano Center Community Center (weekly)
- Marshall High School Auction
- Zupancich Bros Grocery (Ely) Fun Run Fundraiser
- Woodland Hockey Assoc Tournament
- Night to Shine special needs prom
- Compassionate Action for Animals Auction
- 5th Annual Duluth Airmen Foundation
- Duluth Community Garden Programs Annual Fundraiser
- Shirley G. Moore Laboratory School 12th annual silent auction fundraiser
- Martin Luther King Center
- Red Cross – Houston Hurricane
- Red Cross – Florida Hurricane
- HER event
- Continental Ski Duluth Bike Swap
- MN Ballet Wine & Cheese Ball fundraiser
- Duluth Chamber Zenith Conference
- Duluth Mom Blog
- Daisy Dash
- One Heartland Center
- KUMD 103.3 Anniversary Celebration
- Zupancich Bros Grocery (Ely) Walleye Whamma Fishing Contest/Fundraiser
- Head of the Lakes United Way – Don’t retire – REFIRE forum
- FEMN – FEST
- International Women’s Coffee Alliance
- American Cancer Society Relay for Life Event auction
- Twin Cities Human Rights Campaign
- Bo’s Battle
- MEDA Auction
- Boo at the Zoo
- NSCS Harvest Festival
- Duluth Area Family YMCA
- Educate Bolivians
- Encourage Her Network
- The Innocence Project of Minnesota
- Duluth Curling Club fundraiser
- St. Scholastica Monastery fundraiser
- Second Harvest Food Bank